Thursday, October 8, 2009

the saddest thing about going to Hell

The Saddest Thing About Going to Hell Do you know what the saddest thing about going to hell is? It is not the fact that you will live eternally with very wicked people (Revelation 21:8), It isn't the fact you will be eternally separated from those you love (Luke 16), nor is it the eternal darkness you will always be in (Jude 13), it isn't the fact of eternity without God-that is to say eternal death- (Revelation 20:13-14), it isn't the unspeakable sorrow (Matthew 13), the eternal buring remorse and memory (Luke 16), the unsatisfied cravings (Luke 16) where your tongue will be scorched, but there will not even be one drop of water to quench it, nor is it the eternal despair and hopelessness (Matthew 25:41 and 46), it is not even the flames that will be burning you forever (Matthew 13:41-42 and 49-50), and finally it is not the sounds of the wailing and gnashing of teeth or the sound of skin worms as they eat at your flesh (Mark 9 and Matthew 13). Do you want to know what the saddest thing about Hell is?..It is realizing that you didn't have to go there.1 Tim. 1:15 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.; 2 Pet. 3:9 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,[a] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.John 3:16-18 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.The Bible says"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;" Hebrews 2:3 May be you have never asked Christ to be Lord of your life. If not, and you want to please say this prayer believing in your heart who Jesus says He is and ask Him to come and be the Lord and Savior of your life. Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and unless you save me I am lost forever. I thank you for dying for me at Calvary. I come to you now, Lord the best way I know how, and ask you to save me. I now receive you as my Savior. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.(Just to clarify, this blog was originally posted by my good friend Greg Baskin, pastor of Osage Mills Baptist Fellowship in NW Arkansas. It was so good, I wanted to make sure more people read it. If you have any questions about how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please let me know. If I don't have the answer, I will find out for you. No matter where you are in life, please know that having Jesus Christ as your Saviour is the MOST important thing!)

No comments: