Thursday, October 8, 2009

just a ragamuffin (repost)

Friday, February 24, 2006
I'm just a Ragamuffin Current mood: refreshed Category: Religion and Philosophy
Ok, so since I've read all of the books to date from my fav authors, I'm gonna re-read an old favorite. I read it a LONG time ago, back when I first graduated high school, and I figured it would make a good re-run. For those of you who've never heard of this book, you probably aren't alone. It's not one that a lot of people know about, but I'd definately recommend it. Before he died in a tragic car accident, the singer/song writer Rich Mullins was an avid promoter of this book, which is what led me to read it. I love the way Rich poured his heart and soul into his music, and he seemed to be like a modern day David. Like he was so close to God, and it made me yearn to have that kind of relationship too.
This book talks about how we're just dirty, plain, every day ragamuffins that you'd see on Commercial street or the like that most people would turn their back on. In fact, even those with the best intentions slip up and turn away those who need them the most. But thru His grace, God see us as more than that. He see us as a precious gift, a treasure that just needs a little tender loving care. But in order to recieve that grace, we have to come to Him, and acknowledge that we need it. It's ALWAYS there. There is never a time that you could go to Him and He would turn you away. No matter how mucky, dirty or disease ridden you are. He loves you just the way you are, but He loves you too much to leave you that way. He sees us all the same. Me, you, the prostitute, the meth cooker down the street, the orphaned child whose parents died of Aids in Africa and even Bill Gates or Sadaam Hussein. He loves us, and died for our sins. And this love is a free gift that is never ending! When everyone else in your life turns you away, HE IS THERE! When you're a ragamuffin to the rest of the world, your a treasure to God. Always remember this.

No comments: